- Trial attorney for 39 years with Jackson Walker L.L.P. based in Dallas, Texas – a firm of 450 lawyers with 7 offices. Partner and head of media law practice group.
- Selected as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” in 6 different categories including First Amendment Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation and Sports Law.
- Former President of Media Law Resource Center Defense Counsel section – the national media law bar association.
- Member of Governing Committee of American Bar Association Forum on Communications Law 2009-present.
- Adjunct Professor of Media Law and Regulation; University of North Texas.
- Former Adjunct Professor of Communications Law; Southern Methodist University.
- Board member and Trustee of ARTICLE 19, an NGO based in London that promotes freedom of expression and protects journalists globally.
A.B. Political Science, Stanford University 1980 Stanford Rugby 1978-1980
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D. 1983RUGBY/SPORTS
- Council member – from RAN 2011-2016; from USA 2016-present
- Executive Committee member (2011 – present)
- Regulations Committee Chairman (2012-present)
- Judicial Officer 2001-2011
- Chairman 2006, 2014-2016
- Vice Chairman 2002-2005, 2007-2014
- Board Member 1994-2016
Rugby Americas North:
- President 2009-2013
- Executive Committee Member 2006-2021
United States Olympic Committee (now USOPC):
- Member of Board of Directors 2000-2004
- Appointed by Chairman to serve on numerous USOPC grievance and arbitration panels.
Dallas Harlequins Rugby Football Club:
- Active Player 1983-1995.
- President 1990-1993
- Longtime player for Texas Rugby Union select side and inductee into Texas Rugby Hall of Fame.
- Monthly Columnist for SportsTravel magazine 2006-present.
- Author of Winners & Losers: Rants, Riffs & Reflections on the World of Sports.