USRF Annual Campaign Commences
San Diego, CA (December 1, 2010) - As more and more kids across the country are falling in love with rugby for the very first time, the need to continue to provide support to these players and their teams is greater than ever. Together, we can make a difference in the sport.
Because of the generous donations made by many of you, the US Rugby Foundation has been able to provide support to nearly 700 youth and high school rugby teams, schools and community programs over the past six years. We were disappointed to miss out on the Pepsi Refresh Project's $250,000 prize for our A Ball 4 All Project, but our goal of providing 30,000 rugby balls to our youth and high school players by the end of 2011 continues to burn bright.
In order for this to happen, the Rugby Foundation needs help from you by donating today to our Annual Campaign. We have set a goal of raising $50,000 by midnight, January 31, 2011 to kick start our programs for 2011.
I realize that these are trying economic times. But youth teams are still in need of equipment with little or no funds to purchase it. Schools are still in need of rugby balls for their physical education and after school programs with no budget to buy them. Your contribution today will enable the USRF to continue to provide support, which over the past six years has allowed us to:
- Provide rugby balls to over 600 youth, high school and U19 rugby teams, rugby clinics, schools and community programs.
- Provide nearly 100 Start-Up Kits to High School and U19 teams.
- Send 12 promising young US rugby players overseas to take part in Development and High Performance courses; four of whom have already played for the US Men's National Team while seven of the others were named Collegiate All-Americans this year and continue to pursue their dreams of playing for the National Team.
- Establish the Kevin Higgins College Scholarship Fund which has provided partial college scholarships to 21 deserving young players over the past three years.
- Raise over $25,000 for the Collegiate All-American Program.
- Raise over $20,000 for the rugby community affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Fund the two-year Online High School Injury Study.
- Provide Educational Grants to dozens of coaches and referees.
And as always, the Rugby Foundation will continue to look for other ways we can assist in the growth of the game in the U.S.
We ask you to support the sport that has played such a major role in your life by giving to the USRF Annual Campaign Fund. The Foundation relies on the financial contributions from members of the rugby community like you to fund these important programs.
Please make your tax-deductible contribution today and help the Foundation do its part in seeing that the growth of rugby in our country continues to flourish.
Your contribution, whatever the amount, will make a difference in the sport.
Thank you for your support.
Yours in Rugby,